Monday 19 April
Dear Members and Friends,
Just a short update on current affairs and an appeal for help if you are able, from our local care community.
The Club remains fully locked down including vehicular access to the boat yard. The barrier has been turned off apart from emergency access and Members are requested not to park in front of it in case emergency services are required to attend site.
One member of staff is on site each day usually during normal office hours and the club, yard and moorings at all sites are checked daily by either a member of staff or a Flag Officer.
If any member wishes to make contact, please use email in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is being monitored by staff members.
Appeals For Help
We have been asked by a Club Member who owns and manages a residential care home locally to ask if any member has surplus equipment they might be prepared to donate to help key workers who are lacking in PPE (personal protective equipment).
- In this instance the request is for disposable overalls, latex gloves (esp if sterile), masks, gowns or aprons.
- If you have any of this equipment which perhaps you keep to work on your boat when it is out of the water and can spare it, please can you put whatever you can spare into a bag and drop it at the club where it will be stored and then collected in bulk and distributed to local care homes who are not getting enough to satisfactorily cope with current demand.
- I have authorised The Secretary to donate a quantity of cleaning materials we have which are not being used due to the clubhouse closure. They will need to be replaced in due course but the country is responding magnificently to Covid19 and is showing its true spirit in these times; keeping our local key workers as safe as they can right now has to be our priority, they are taking care of us and our loved ones. Please offer anything you are able.
In a similar vein, a member is instrumental in organising the collection of bedsheets, linen, duvets, pillowcases etc. which local people are very kindly turning into gowns, masks etc for The NHS and local care homes, surgeries etc.
- If you have any spare, clean linen as described (patterns and colours do not matter), can you please drop off to the Club. Please put it into a plastic bag, folded reasonably neatly.
Drop Off Times.
- If you are happy to drop any items into the entrance foyer of the club between the hours of 1000 and Midday on Thursday or Friday of next week, 23rd or 24th April, please do. The glass entrance door will be open and the wooden door will be shut. Please just leave them in the foyer area and they will be collected afterwards. Please only enter one person at a time and maintain suitable separation from each other.
- If you are isolating and live locally to the club, please email email@example.com with your name, address and a phone number and we will arrange for someone to collect it from your doorstep observing social distancing at all times. We will not be able to collect from anyone who lives beyond about a ten minute drive from Shoreham as this would potentially be in breach of Government guidelines.
- We do not wish anyone to put themselves at risk or to fail to observe Government advice regarding long or non essential journeys. If you are able to make a trip to the club as part of your daily exercise or as part of a shopping trip or medical supplies trip, wonderful, but please do not make a special journey.
Thank you all for any support you can give to the local care community at this time.
Stay well, stay safe and stay in!